- B.S. Mechanical EngineeringOregon State University, 1972
- Building Envelope Failure Investigation
- Building Envelope Design
- Ventilation Design
- Heat / Vapor Transfer through building materials
- P.E., Mechanical EngineeringState of Washington, No. 16708
- P.E., Mechanical EngineeringState of Oregon, No. 12653
- American Academy of Forensic Sciences: member
James C. Freeling, P.E.
Mr. Freeling formed BEE Consulting, LLC (BEE) in 1996, as a consultancy that specializes in building envelope designs and inspections. In the last 14 years through BEE, Mr. Freeling has provided building envelope design and inspections using the most current design concepts available that utilize the “rainscreen” design approach. This concept is in the process of transforming the construction industry in the Pacific Northwest. The use of a “face sealed” building envelope has been generally replaced by the design concept that is solely utilized by Mr. Freeling’s company.
Mr. Freeling has designed the building envelope system for numerous residential buildings and commercial structures in the Pacific Northwest and other climate regions of our country. He is accomplished in the use of WUFI 5.2 Pro Software for the prediction of moisture within building envelopes dependent on the envelope component variables and the environmental variables. He is the President and Principal Design Engineer at BEE Consulting and oversees a staff of Engineers, CAD Drafters, and experienced field inspectors