AAMA ACCREDITED FIELD TEST AGENCY
- AAMA 502.2 Voluntary Specification for Field Testing of Newly installed Fenestration Products
- ASTM E1105 Standard test method of Field Determination of water Penetration of exterior Windows, Skylights, Doors, and Curtain Walls by Uniform or Cyclic Static Air Pressure Difference.
- AAMA 501.2 Quality Assurance and Diagnostic Water Leakage Field Check of Installed Storefronts, Curtain Walls and Sloped Glazing Systems.
- ASTM E783 Standard test method of Field
- Measurement of Air Leakage through Installed Exterior Window and Doors
- -ASTM E-779-10: Standard Test
Method for Determining Air Leakage Rate by Fan Pressurization.
- -2015: Washington State Energy Code Residential and Commercial Provisions.
What Happens on the Day of Testing?
- On the day of testing, BEE’s team will construct and seal a chamber on the interior of the building around the fenestration to be tested. A fan will be attached to the chamber to exhaust air from the chamber at a rate required to maintain the test pressure across the specimen.
- On the exterior of the window or door, BEE’s team will set up a calibrated spray rack at the exterior face of the specimen to be tested. This test has water spraying at the window or door at a specified rate and pressure from the exterior to simulate a wind driven rain. This simulates the wind pressure that could be forced upon the unit from natural winds.
What Happens After the Test?
After the testing is complete, BEE will generate a written report with the window test results.