BEE CONSULTING PROVIDES NFRC SIMULATION SERVICES
NFRC thermal performance ratings are specified by the International Code Council (ICC) building codes, including the “International Residential Code” (IRC), the “International Energy Conservation Code” (IECC), and the “International Building Code” (IBC). NFRC ratings and certification are also used to demonstrate compliance with the ENERGY STAR Windows Program.
NFRC SIMULATIONS: We offer NFRC simulation services to commercial and residential window, door, and skylight manufacturers supplying U-factor, SHGC, VT, and CR ratings necessary for product certification, building energy code compliance, and voluntary programs like Energy Star. This enables BEE to help the commercial building industry to get project ratings under the Component Modeling Approach (CMA) using the CMAST software.
R&D ASSISTANCE: When competitive market or ever changing code requirements ask for products and systems to be more energy efficient, it is imperative that new products incorporate critical design details necessary to accomplish the performance goal. With our experience in helping numerous manufacturers achieve ambitious goals we offer peace of mind in reaching the desired performance.
- NFRC 100: Procedure for Determining Fenestration Product U-factors.
- NFRC 200: Procedure for Determining Fenestration Product Solar Heat Gain Coefficient and Visible Transmittance at Normal Incidence.
- NFRC 500: Procedure for Determining Fenestration Product Condensation Resistance Values.
- AAMA 507: Standard Practice for Determining the Thermal Performance Characteristics of Fenestration Systems Installed in Commercial Buildings.
- NFRC CMA: Component Modeling Approach; Procedure to Determine Performance Rating Using Glazing, Frame and Spacer Components for Commercial Products.
If you have any questions about our services, pricing, or the process, please contact our Simulator in Responsible Charge (SIRC) Dave Luxmore at Dluxmore@bee-engineers.com or 425-672-3900 X 239.